A Development Permit must be applied for before obtaining a Building Permit necessary for new construction, additions, decks, demolition, excavation (HOLDING TANKS & CISTERNS) and home occupations.
Our Development Officer, Tony Sonnleitner, can be reached at 780-718-5479 or emailed at A Real Property Report, showing the location of existing buildings and the proposed development must be submitted when applying. Application fees must accompany all Development Applications. 
*NOTE* Singlewide mobile homes are NOT allowed in the Village and holiday trailers MAY NOT be used to stay in on your property.
We would like to remind residents that we secured the services of Superior Safety Codes as our sole provider of safety codes permits including electrical, plumbing, building, etc. You must apply for these permits.  

If you are planning on building or renovating, you must obtain the proper permits before commencing work. We encourage you to visit Superior Safety Codes at and information booklets are also available at the Village Office.


Fire Permits are available at the Village Office at no charge. A Fire Permit must be obtained for all fires not in a contained pit. Only untreated wood, paper and leaves should be burned in these fire pits. All fires are to be within the property lines of the person the fire permit was issued to.
Fines can be imposed if the Fire Department feels adequate caution was not taken while burning or if they respond to a fire on your property resulting from a deliberate fire set without obtaining a permit.
For more detailed information on fire pits please refer to Open Burning Bylaw #317 in the Bylaw section of this website.
Site Map | Login | Powered By: Techweavers Inc.